Size 12 and Ready to Rock - Meg Cabot These books are so much fun! I always like spending time with Heather and the rest of the characters--I love that Cabot can populate this series with so many characters and yet they're all memorable and interesting. Even though I felt like Big Boned made a great ending to the series, this book didn't feel like it was tacked on. There are going to be more, apparently, which I'm excited about.

One thing that annoyed me was that although it's been five years since the last Heather Wells book, very little time has passed in the book's universe--and yet there are a bunch of pop culture references to things that didn't exist when the last book came out. It's like the books are set in some weird ambiguous time where it's simultaneously both a couple of months later and five years later. It took me out of the story a couple of times.

I loved, though, how this book explores darker themes than the past ones--abusive partners, stalking, and infertility. It also gives much-needed depth and sympathy to characters who were previously relegated to the background or used as comic relief.

A solid book in a delightful series.